Communication is critical for churches today. Your church must have a solid communication strategy because you have a valuable impact externally. Engaging with the community and portraying your brand and voice is essential. Careful communication also enables you to interact with different audiences while ensuring everyone stays informed.
At the center of this communication strategy should be mass texting. Mass texting enables you to reach people quickly and effectively. It can offer numerous benefits for churches, which we will explore in further detail below. We will also provide you with some valuable tips on choosing the best mass texting service for your needs.
Benefits of using mass texting at your church
While the church is a place that is steeped in tradition, there is a need for religious establishments to keep moving forward and embracing modern life so that they can connect with the younger generation. A church mass texting service gives you the power to do this. After all, the majority of people around the world today have access to a smartphone. Therefore, by opening a communication channel via phone, you can reach thousands and thousands of people with ease. You also do so in a non-intrusive manner; people can read the text message at their convenience, making a massive difference.
A mass texting service can be an incredibly convenient way of ensuring that everyone in the community is up to date with what is happening at the church. If you need to cancel choir practice, for example, you will be able to make sure everyone is informed within a matter of minutes. Likewise, if you are going to be hosting a special church ceremony and you want to raise awareness, you can do so with ease.
Churches can also harvest valuable feedback from using a text messaging service. Just like any other organization, it is vital that churches have a good understanding of how they are performing. What do they need to improve on? What areas are they getting right? You can use this feedback to ensure that your church keeps moving forward and contains the pillar of strength and unity within the local community.
One of the main reasons you should consider using a text messaging service at your church is because it helps to build your brand. With another form of communication, and one that is so easy and open, community members will close to your church, and they will feel valued too. This can make a massive difference in how society thinks about your church.
Tips on choosing a mass texting service
Many benefits are associated with mass texting for churches. However, if you unlock all of these advantages, choosing a church mass texting service with care is critical. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the different things that you should consider:
- Ease of use - There is only one palace to begin, and this is with ease of use. After all, the last thing you want is a text messaging service that is difficult to get your head around. Mass texting is beneficial because it is convenient. For this to truly be the case, the provider needs to ensure an easy and intuitive experience. It should only take a few minutes to send a mass text, and the process should be a simple and enjoyable one.
- Features - Do a little bit of digging to find out what sort of features will come with the mass texting service you are considering. Are there templates you can use for your messages? Are you able to import your contacts quickly and easily? Some providers will even offer additional communication services, such as automated calling.
- Free Trial - Some of the best companies out there today give you the option of being able to test the product before you buy. There are different ways that businesses go about this, from free trials to money-back guarantees. If you are unsure whether or not a product is right for you, it always helps to have something like this in place.
- Success Rates - It is also a good idea to inquire about the mass texting provider's success in your industry, i.e., in the non-for-profit realm and working with religious organizations.
- Price - Of course, price is essential when making any business decision. No church has an unlimited budget, and unfortunately, money does not grow on trees. Therefore, you need to make sure that the provider you select makes sense from a financial standpoint.
- Reputation - It is also a good idea to take the time to read reviews that business owners and managers have left at organizations that have used the mass texting product before. This is the best way to get a handle on what it is really like in terms of usability. Plus, you will be able to find out what the company has been like to work with and whether there are any hurdles or problems that a lot of people tend to run into. With the independent review platforms that are accessible today, you should find it easy to get a hold of relevant and unbiased comments.
Why churches should choose Text-Em-All
One messaging solution that ticks all of the boxes we mentioned above is Text-Em-All. We are proud to have an excellent reputation in the industry for our mass texting service, and we can make sure that your church has the best solution for your specific needs.
A key benefit of using our service is that you will be able to send your first text message for free. You do not need to provide your credit card information for this. We believe in your product so much that we are more than happy to let you try it before you buy.
We have also made our service incredibly easy-to-use as well. For example, to send a text message, there are five simple steps you will need to follow:
- Set up a broadcast - Here, you should specify the name of your broadcast, when you want it to start, and whether you want to send a text, a call, or a combination of both.
- Add your contacts - You can either add them manually, upload a spreadsheet, or copy and paste them from your contact list.
- Create your message - Either select a template from your library or compose your message from scratch.
- Preview and send - Make sure everything is correct before sending the message.
- Check the results and manage your replies - You can see who has viewed the message and read responses as they come through.
As touched upon above, not only does our service deliver mass texting for churches, but you can benefit from automated calling as well. This gives you the ability to schedule calls in advance, allow contacts to connect with a live person with ease, leave voicemails if someone does not answer, save recorded messages for use in the future, and adjust call speed so that reply volume is regulated.
Final words on mass texting for churches
As you can see, there are many benefits that your church will be able to reap by making the most of a mass texting and automated calling service. Choosing a church mass texting service with care is critical, though, if you are to experience all of these advantages. Luckily, you don’t need to search far, as we have all of your needs covered here at Text-Em-All. Start today, and sign-up for free!