Healthcare organizations across the country are now focused on their Covid-19 vaccine distribution and coordination efforts and actively looking for ways to promote a safe, efficient, and productive process while simultaneously protecting the bottom line. In a world where digital communications now play a more central role than ever before, texting could be the most powerful tool at your disposal - particularly when using a mass texting service.
A growing number of healthcare organizations have integrated SMS messaging into several aspects of their operations. The Covid-19 vaccine coordination process is ideally suited to benefit from the potential that a service like Text-Em-All can offer. By the end of this guide, you’ll have a far clearer idea of why it’s a great addition to your vaccination program strategy, as well as the best way to implement it.
Covid-19 vaccine coordination guidelines and basics
The Covid-19 pandemic has completely changed our lives since the beginning of 2020, but the rollout of the vaccination, which started back in December, has signaled a turning of the tide. However, the progress has been slower than forecast in many territories, which is why healthcare organizations need any help they can get with their vaccination program.
Covid-19 vaccine coordination guidelines are clear about the focus on the most vulnerable groups, with the over 65s receiving the vaccination at a quicker rather than the overall U.S. population. Other demographics based on health conditions, backgrounds, and careers are also prioritized. In addition to prioritizing patients, healthcare organizations must ensure that patients get their second jab within the safe time frame while also ensuring all records are accurate.
Why choose text messaging to increase Covid-19 vaccine efforts?
Before implementing a text messaging service as a part of the Covid-19 vaccine coordination process, it’s essential to confirm its suitability to vaccination efforts. The widespread popularity within the healthcare sector offers instant encouragement, but you need more sustenance to the argument.
Ultimately, mass text messaging is a solution that has the best interests of the healthcare organization, its patients, and its staff in mind. Some of the most telling incentives include, but are not limited to;
- Roughly 97% of American adults have a cell phone, meaning there is excellent accessibility among all demographics, including older patients and other audiences who do not utilize modern tech.
- Sending an SMS message creates a far more professional appearance than using social media and other digital communications. It also reduces the threat of data theft and breaches.
- Text messages offer the most effective form of communication in getting the message read, with only 2% of messages going unread. Response rates are far higher than emails, while most people respond within 90 seconds.
- Mass SMS messaging allows you to send personalized communication to an entire contact list from a single template, adding the personal fields like names, appointment dates, and times with ease.
- The pricing model of mass text messaging allows you to send messages for as little as 5c, thus making it one of the most affordable ways to boost your Covid-19 vaccine coordination system and communications.
- In addition to sending your message out to the masses in an automated fashion, mass text messaging allows you to send the message quickly. In fact, with our services, you send 1,000 texts in just 20 seconds. Perfect for vaccination efforts!
- Even the over 60s market check their cells at least three times per hour. So, you can be confident that texts are received and read very quickly across the board rather than focusing on one demographic.
- Patients can see that text messages are coming from your healthcare organization before they’ve even opened them. This boosts their confidence, which translates to better responses for your business.
- SMS is picked as the most popular form of brand interaction across all business sectors. This also rings true specifically for healthcare appointment updates like Covid-19 appointment updates.
- When used efficiently, mass text messaging can be used to manage every aspect of the Covid-19 vaccine coordination, thus making it a very convenient option for all healthcare organizations and their vaccination program.
Crucially, a mass text messaging service can be integrated into your existing Covid-19 vaccine coordination process with almost immediate results. When you consider the fact that the vaccine is already being rolled out, this is another integral factor that should influence your decision.
In short, texting will speed up the appointment processes, reduce the volume of no-shows, and help ensure that more patients can receive both covid 19 vaccination doses at the right times.
How to add text messaging to the Covid-19 vaccine coordination strategy
Knowing how to incorporate texting in to your Covid-19 vaccine coordination is a crucial step that will help plot the integration method. It’s not simply a case of sending out an appointment. There are several key parts of the vaccination process that texting services can enhance. Here’s how healthcare organizations and vaccination clinics should use the technology.
#1. To monitor interest levels
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused over 32 million cases in the U.S. alone. However, the vaccine is not a legal obligation, and individuals have to sign up willingly. Healthcare organizations and vaccination clinics can use text messaging to ask their network of patients, employees, agency staff, and partners about their interest in having the vaccination once they are eligible for the next batch.
Choosing a mass text messaging service that has features enabling recipients to respond with Yes or No via a two-way response platform will allow for far more precise insights. The fact that virtually every recipient will open the text, combined with the convenience of sending a single word, should result in clear insight into the levels.
Furthermore, where appropriate, respondents in the No category can be sent further information that may allay their fears regarding the vaccine. When the SMS platform has a dashboard that allows for easy grouping, the opportunities to manage this aspect of the Covid-19 rollout are improved.
#2. To manage appointments
Securing interest counts for very little. In truth, administering the two vaccination jabs is the only barometer that genuinely matters. It is the key to ensuring that patients are protected against the disease while also promoting increased safety for others. SMS texting helps coordinate the vaccine appointments. A mass messaging service that includes the option to add personalized text fields and preview texts before scheduling them to send is vital.
A text can be sent to patients once it is time to schedule an appointment, even including a link to the appropriate scheduling webpage. Additional texts can be sent to confirm the appointment and confirm their attendance 24 hours before they are due to visit the healthcare center or vaccination clinics for administering the injections.
Texts can also be used to inform them of the safety precautions in place and their instructions of where to go or which building entrance to use. Should someone cancel for whatever reason, including illness, texting can help fill the gap before the vaccine dosage goes to waste. Fact sheets and information statements can be sent via MMS text message too.
#3. To manage follow-ups
The first vaccination needs to be followed up with the second vaccination two weeks later. Sending text messages can confirm availability, appointments in the same way as the first vaccination. However, you can increase Covid-19 vaccine distribution efforts further by managing the patient interactions and aftercare. This could be crucial for keeping patients safe between vaccinations and after the completed second dose.
Patients can be sent direct instructions after the two vaccines, information about potential side effects, and insights on who to call should symptoms surface. Likewise, you can send two-way surveys to actively ask whether they have any issues. This allows medical healthcare teams to stay on top of the situation while keeping all patients safe and suitably protected.
Texts are a great way to ensure that absences do not occur and rearrange appointments if necessary. Unlike emails and snail mail, this approach allows for an agile and responsive line of communication. This keeps patients and healthcare teams in close connection at every step of the vaccine distribution rollout. Survey insights can be used to improve your strategies.
#4. To educate patients
The concept of educating patients who have said No to the covid 19 vaccination has already been mentioned, but the ability to deliver quick and clear insights should not be ignored. The fact that people have their cells in their possession means that information can be delivered straight to the palm of their hand within seconds. This could include any developments with the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
People hear scaremongering stories about the covid 19 vaccination and fear the worst. They experienced ambiguity and confusion from all sources. Text messages directly from their registered healthcare provider ensure that they receive clear data from a source of authority. All relevant info can additionally be kept within that single stream of messages - as is the case with details of their vaccine appointments and scheduling.
Updates can also be sent during the pre-administering covid 19 vaccination phases. For example, groups can be sent messages on expected vaccine distribution timeframes and where they are in terms of waiting for their vaccine. Likewise, info about whether they’ll have Pfizer or Moderna can occur here. Surveys may also pinpoint areas where you may need to update the information you’ve previously presented.
#5. To manage internal communications
Patients aren’t the only key people you need to consider when revamping your Covid-19 vaccine coordination efforts. Clear communication between all staff members, healthcare partners, and vaccination dosage suppliers needs to be established and maintained at all times. The fact that mass SMS allows you to split groups creates a convenient way of getting the correct info to the right people in the fastest way.
Internal communications could range from exposure notifications to ensuring that staff absences are filled quickly. This will help prevent cancelations to ensure that the Covid-19 vaccine coordination process operates as planned. A range of protocols and related alerts can be sent via this method too.
Tracking responses via two-way surveys allows you to collect and collate data. When staff members and partners are connected by good communication links, it will promote efficiency and safety. Perhaps most importantly, their clarity and confidence can lead to better patient care and experiences during these testing times.
What else can mass text messaging be used for?
By now, it should be clear that mass SMS services can make a significant improvement to your vaccine distribution and coordination efforts. For that reason, it is well worth the investment of time and money, not least because the transition is remarkably smooth for all parties. However, it’s not just a short-term solution that can help your healthcare organization through this testing time.
The dedicated healthcare mass text messaging services have become very popular within the sector for some of the reasons mentioned above and many more. It can subsequently be used to support patient communication and facilitate easier internal management in various situations. Some of the best capabilities of mass SMS for healthcare teams include, but are not limited to;
- Confirming patient appointments either by sending a confirmation or asking them to respond with the most convenient time and date from what’s available.
- Sending reminders of an appointment to upcoming vaccine recipients, including instructions of where to head upon their arrival and any safety measures in place as a result of covid 19.
- Seeking feedback from patients regarding their experience at the healthcare facility or the level of service received.
- Manage wellness checks for vaccine recipients, patients, and employees with regular interactions that also provide essential info of who to contact when issues surface.
- Send out requests for staff cover or other HR matters. Similarly, messages to job candidates can occur via mass SMS.
In short, an SMS mass messaging system can become one of the greatest assets in any healthcare organization, especially regarding covid 19 and the covid 19 vaccination.
One of the key defenses against spreading the covid 19 disease is to get the covid 19 vaccination. As a result, we’ve seen a huge increase in customers looking to deliver notifications and reminders to patients about the covid 19 vaccination, including vaccine distribution.
If your healthcare organization is looking to bolster its vaccination distribution efforts with a single solution that will ultimately result in more covid 19 vaccination being completed, text messaging communications are the perfect addition. Text-Em-All helps state/local government, healthcare organizations, and employers reach people when it matters most. Aside from gaining the best response rates in an affordable way, it will accelerate the process and lead to fewer missed appointments from potential vaccine recipients.
It’s good for the patients, good for the community, and good for business.